In the Bible we read about a Balm of Gilead which was a substance used to heal and soothe. Jesus’s healing and saving power is like this balm. He soothes our wounds and leads us on into His purposes for us. Let us open our hearts to Him and trust Him with the outcome of our lives. let us not be impatient in the process, for He knows what each one needs and is faithful to complete the work He has begun in us. As He heals are our hearts and soothes our wounds, we are able to trust Him in deeper levels. We can spend everyday plumbing the depths of Christ and letting Him refine and remake us and even after our last day of breath on this earth there will still be more to know.
You wonder why the tears continually flow and your heart feels as a river of sorrow coming forth. You sit in My presence and find relief and at other times you seek other distractions to sedate. My love as you come to Me, I heal your heart. You wonder why you feel peace and then soon another wave of sadness comes breaking froth as from a shored up dam. My love, I heal your grief in levels – how deep these wounds go, but I soothe as you open yourself up to Me.
I heal the brokenhearted just as I forgive sins and heal your diseases. Such wounds to your heart are inflicted by misunderstandings, loss, attacks. Know that not one affliction goes overlooked. My believers must come to Me for the balm of Gilead. I soothe your wounds. I do not stop there, for I see the plans I have for you and I remake you to fulfill your purpose and be My delight.
- “But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to, you; you are the helper of the fatherless.” Psalm 10:14
- “Your wrath lies heavily on me; you have overwhelmed me with all your waves. You have taken from me my closest friends and have made me repulsive to them.I am confined and cannot escape; my eyes are dim with grief. I call to you, Lord, every day; I spread out my hands to you.” Psalm 88:8-9
- “For no one is cast off by the Lord forever.Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone.” Lamentations 3:31-33
- “All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever. ‘In that day,’ declares the Lord, ‘I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief. I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation.” Micah 4:5-7
- “Since my people are crushed, I am crushed; I mourn, and horror grips me. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people?” Jeremiah 8:21-22
- “Go up to Gilead and get balm, Virgin Daughter Egypt. But you try many medicines in vain; there is no healing for you.” Jeremiah 46:11
- “And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.” II Timothy 1:11-12
- “And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.” John 21:25