After a long season of what felt like a continual flow of God’s presence and anointing to pour forth onto others, the flow seemed to stop. I sought the Lord and after an extended time He shared the following word. I share this to bring peace and hope to all who may be dwelling in a dark night of the soul.
You’ve sought Me and longed for Me during this desolate time, but could not seem to find Me. You felt as though My presence were far away. My love, I was with you each time you turned your attention from the world and your daily tasks and worshiped Me, even as Jacob upon his staff. At various times of the day you would turn your attention to Me, and look for Me, and seek Me.
In that place where My Spirit gushes forth from you with rivers of living water, you have looked here and it seemed as though the well was dry. I only stopped the flow for a little while to ready you to pour forth more. I needed to fine tune your listening so that you would know My voice and recognize My flow in its presence and then in its absence. You have panted for Me as a deer pants for streams of water and when it finds the stream it is then refreshed.
I had to stop the flow so you would know to stop and not move forward to create on your own from the residue of My inspiration. You’ve longed for this feeling of outpouring, this feeling of weightiness in your spirit where you carried My burden for the task at hand and let Me pour through you.
You have not lost time, for is timing not in My own hand. Were I to have you cease for a day or a year, I can renew the time. Let Me orchestrate and you only stop or go, do or rest, speak or remain silent as I lead you. You waited upon Me, have not tried to make your own way, and have learned to be content and pour out exactly where I had you.
A new season is upon you, My love. A new season I declare. I have readied you in the furnace of affliction and refined you for My higher purposes. Do not feel overwhelmed at this new season, for I will use you to influence and pour out on those who are hungry and thirsty, your borders will extend beyond what you thought was possible. My love, I use you fully here.
In the words that I spoke forth into you that didn’t seem to come to pass as you thought it needed to, you lost hope for just a little while. But I tell you My words will come forth and you will be used in a greater way than even your last position could hold you. Your borders will extend to the nations and I will use you to accomplish all I’ve spoken into you in the past – My word will not return to Me void.
I tell you this day that I bless the works of your hands for you set these things forth and accomplished them as unto Me. I can pour through you as I desire, for you look to Me for the possibilities and know that I Am. I will awe you with the works I create through you and astound you with the results and the means.
- “By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshiped, leaning upon the top of his staff.” Hebrews 11:21
- “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me all day long, ‘Where is your God?’ These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” Psalm 42:1-5
- “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. ” Jeremiah 29:13
- “I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loves: I sought him, but I found him not.” Song of Solomon 3:2
- “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.” Matthew 7:6-8
- Excerpt from Dark Night of the Soul written by St. John of the Cross during the 1570s: “The reason why the soul not only travels securely when it thus travels in the dark, but makes even greater progress, is this: In general the soul makes greater progress when it least thinks so, yea, most frequently when it imagines that it is losing. Having never before experienced the present novelty which dazzles it, and disturbs its former habits, it considers itself as losing, rather than as gaining ground, when it sees itself lost in a place it once knew, and in which it delighted, traveling by a road it knows not, and in which it has no pleasure. As a traveler into strange countries goes by ways strange and untried, relying on information derived from others, and not upon any knowledge of his own—it is clear that he will never reach a new country but by new ways which he knows not, and by abandoning those he knew—so in the same way the soul makes the greater progress when it travels in the dark, not knowing the way. But inasmuch as God Himself is here the guide of the soul in its blindness, the soul may well exult and say, ‘In darkness and in safety,’ now that it has come to a knowledge of its state.”