You listen and hear My gentle voice saying I want to come and sup with you, to speak with you and share My heart with you. Even begin using your imagination to call forth the things that aren’t as though they are. The smallest breath you breathe of faith I hear, the smallest action you take, I am very near to you.
I do not ask for great works to prove your faith such as building Me a temple or going to war against a nation on your own, I ask that you believe Me. That you believe Me with your thoughts, actions, even imagination. Examine yourself, what areas do you still have doubt in? Why do you react in certain ways, is it not because you don’t believe I have the best planned for you and desire to give it you. Do you not still act as though you believe you must make your own way.
At times I say walk, at times I say stand, at times I say lay by the still waters and let Me refresh your soul. Does the good shepherd push his sheep until they are exhausted physically and near death, does he make them thirst and hunger? Does he not lead them by still waters and refreshing springs.
When you are in My presence then you know what to do, for we are one, I change you here. You do not have to ask others, “What is God’s will for me?” For you will know it, My word and My heart will be in your mind, in your heart, even in your mouth, you will hear a voice behind you saying, “This is the way, walk in it.”
I am near to all who call on Me, to all who call on Me in truth. I do not desire to leave you desolate, I have come to give life and give it abundantly. If I did not mean this, I would not have said it. Do I not get more glory in blessing you rather than keeping you ill and decrepit. Is not the shepherd proud to display his fattened sheep rather than his sickly broken sheep: the sheep who walks with Him in green pastures, the one who stays near him to be kept safe and away from danger, who does not wander off My path.
I know the best way for you. I do not lead you up steep crags and rocky slopes to harm you. I know there is better ground up there and I lead you higher. Does not the shepherd’s heart go out to the sheep that come near to him, who rest with him and walk with him. Be like My good sheep and come near to Me, see what I have for you, see what I will do through you. How great a way I can make for you. I desire this, only believe and know Me.
- “The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.” psalm 34:22
- “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” Isaiah 30:21
- “On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7:37-38
- “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice. Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them. Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.” John 10:1-18
- “But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13:19-21
- “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.” I Peter 2:24-25
- “The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being examples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.” I Peter 5:1-4
- “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for forever.” Psalm 23:1-6